Make a Difference for People with Alzheimer’s
Join the Race!
This October 20, 2013, the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon is back again for it’s 23rd year. The marathon includes a full marathon, half marathon, and 5k, along with entertainment, parties, and festivities all weekend long.
Not everyone is in it for the running, however. For the sixth year, the Alzheimer Society of Toronto will bring a team of dedicated families and friends running and walking to raise funds in support of people facing dementia.
This year, the Alzheimer’s Society of Toronto is making goals of raising $50,000 to go towards research and support. So far, their 100+ team has raised $15,000, so they still have a long way to go in the next week and a half.
Last year, with help from the fundraising for the marathon, the Alzheimer’s Society of Toronto was able to provide
- Over 5,000 hours of free counselling, support and education for people with dementia, as well as their families and caregivers.
- Dementia awareness and knowledge for over 9,000 people attending our Public Education Sessions.
- Specialized dementia care training for 644 Personal Support Workers and other health-care providers.
The Alzheimer Toronto Team is still hard at work recruiting team members and raising money. To join the team, fill out the Online Registration Form. After registering online, you will receive a phone call to finish the registration process.
As part of the Alzheimer Toronto Team you will be eligible for:
- A discounted registration fee.
- A personal fundraising page to invite your family, friends and colleagues to sponsor you or join your team.
- Prizes based on the fundraising levels you reach.
For questions about the event, contact Nicole Laframboise at 416-847-8914.