A message from our President:
Dear Qualicare clients, families, caregivers, and partners,
COVID-19 has brought uncertainty to life as we know it, especially for seniors and those already managing illnesses. We understand how unsettling it can feel to be among a population facing a greater risk of contracting the virus or to love someone who is.
As we face the coming weeks, two things are as critically important to you as they are to us:
- First, we will take every measure to protect you or your loved one from contracting COVID-19, and
- Second, you or your loved one will continue to receive regularly scheduled and evolving care without interruption.
At Qualicare, we are in the business of helping families navigate unchartered territory and our plan to care for clients in the coming days is met with the same calculated and compassionate response.
Here are several ways we’re heightening our already cautious approach to care:
We’re taking action to prevent infection, including more frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizers, persistent use of disinfectants, and careful symptom monitoring and reporting protocols for caregivers and clients.
Here are two things that are as critically important to us as they are to you:
- We’re taking action to prevent infection, including more frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizers, persistent use of disinfectants, and careful symptom monitoring and reporting protocols for caregivers and clients.
- We’re providing training programs for our in-home caregivers on COVID-19 with emphasis given to elevated safety protocols.
- Caregivers are self-monitoring for symptoms every day and before each shift. If any concern is present, another caregiver will be sent to provide care.
- Caregivers are receiving real-time updates as new information and resources are released by public health and infectious disease experts to best protect their clients.
- We are proud of our caregivers. As always, these trained and experienced professionals are devoted to providing exceptional care to their patients, no matter the circumstances. They recognize their work as an essential service and will continue to provide care with generosity, intentionality, and extra caution during this time.
It brings us comfort knowing that the safest place for you or your loved one is at home and it’s our honor to help continue to make that home a healthy, viable option.
We look forward to the day you can remove COVID-19 from your thoughts. Until then, know that you are not alone. You can expect the same high-quality care you’re used to and our commitment to the highest standards in care and safety measures in protecting you and those you love from COVID-19.
We will continue to navigate this together. I’m confident that when we get to the other side, we will be telling stories about how we beat this together. I couldn’t send this letter off without proving to you that good things are already happening to get us to the other side…
Take care and remember…we are there with you!
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND UPDATES REFER TO:
World Health Organization – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Also, be sure to refer to your local Health Department and public authorities for additional resources.