Qualicare Humber is here to help those living with Alzheimer’s and dementia to remain in their homes. We are dedicated to supporting independent living, maintaining a safe and comfortable environment, and offering the compassionate care that is needed. Our comprehensive home-based care offers patients and their loved ones a better quality of life.
Living with Dementia & Alzheimer’s Disease
If you have a loved one who is struggling to face the challenges of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, it can leave you feeling hopeless. The truth is, they may be feeling the same way. It is difficult for the entire family when a loved one can no longer follow a conversation, feel they must hide their forgetfulness, or struggle to complete familiar tasks.
At Qualicare Humber, we feel that your loved one deserves first-rate care, led by empathetic and experienced homecare providers. Our nurse-headed teams can bring your family peace of mind and provide the care your loved one deserves.
Our Alzheimer’s Care Offers Support
We offer compassionate care for not only your loved one, but your family as well. We are here to provide excellent healthcare your loved one needs so you can focus on being a family again. Our Care Team are your caregivers, and will:
- Maintain routines to soothe agitation and outbursts
- Adapt your loved one’s routines and activities as their needs change
- Offer conversation and recreational activities for mental stimulation
- Provide full assistance with bathing, grooming, toileting, and other personal care activities
- Prevent accidents and provide a safe environment
- Provide nutritious meals for your loved one
- Help out with household tasks
Questions About Alzheimer’s & Dementia
If your loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia, or is beginning to show signs of these conditions, you probably have many questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked question our home care professionals answer about Alzheimer’s and dementia: