Questions to Ask When Looking for a Doctor
1. Do you know anyone with contacts that may help you?
2. Would you be comfortable approaching this person and explaining the circumstances that prompted the request?
3. Can you find someone who has been cared for by the doctor recommended, who will speak to you about their experience?
4. Is this physician affiliated with any hospital where you have been treated and if so, have you been pleased with the treatment you received there?
5. Does the physician practice independently? Or does the physician practice as part of a group, so that around the clock back up may be offered?
6. Are you comfortable with the setting and location the doctor uses to see patients?
7. If you are moving and are pleased with the care you are currently receiving, can your physician recommend a colleague in the new locale, or otherwise #1above.